Saturday, April 28, 2007

Moving on

I spent quite a bit of time just cleaning up in the studio this morning -- while listening to Car Talk. Now I'm ready to begin work on the third of the Lark projects. It's going to be a largish *pieced* wall hanging. Can you believe I'm abondoning my fusible for the moment?

Here is an in-progress shot of another of the projects. You'll recognize this as Encrusted Cobblestones. (Actually, I called it Encrusted Pathways when I posted about it earlier. That was wrong. I forgot my own title. Duh.)

Because Lark requires several inprogress shots, I had to remake the quilt. That's ok. I liked it even more the second time around.

As far as the triptych landscape... it's done. And I am not happy with it. It's fine, but not my best work. As I was talking with my best friend, Lucy, I said, "Well, I suppose I have time to just start over." Ding! Of course, I must start over. Now I'm excited about doing it again and making some needed improvements. Sometimes you need a test piece.

I also took some time to do something totally new and fresh. And it's looking great. Lots of handstitching that I did while watching Deja Vu last night. Hmmm. A freaky movie -- in the most excellent sense of the word freaky.

(Didn't DebR recently post a list of books and/or movies involving time travel? Add Deja Vu to the list!)

Yes yes. Pictures of the completed Encrusted Cobblestones II, the triptych and the new, fresh piece coming soon.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so excited that I get to see all these pieces next week! I love the first cobblestone piece, so am anxious to see the second. It looks like you rusted and painted these washers, they are great!

BeckyH

Anonymous said...

Oooh, ooh, can't wait to see all teh creativity you're cooking up :-)

Michelle said...

I love it, Deborah. And, thanks for stopping by my flailing blog. I am making a commitment to check yours daily until I am inspired to begin creating and blogging again!!! :-)