Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ladies...

During my parents' visit for Thanksgiving, my Dad took Benjamin to Dave and Busters and my mom and I took Claire out for afternoon tea. Everyone had a great time!

We each chose different teas... I had something with hibiscus and black current. Claire chose a pumpkin spice blend. Mom had something reminiscent of chocolate and hazelnut.

All lovely, but honestly, none of us really like tea. Claire added lots of cream and sugar. That's ok, it was more about the experience!
You can see the three tier collection of goodies.

On the top, ham and cheese croissants, chicken salad sandwiches, tuna salad sandwiches and tiny shrimp cocktails.

In the middle, delicious cranberry and white chocolate scones with butter and jam. And grapes!

And for dessert: chocolate covered strawberries, fruit tarts, eclairs, lemon tarts and pink meringues.
 
The strawberries were the best. Meringues are a little odd. I would have loved a tiny brownie.

We enjoyed every last bite!
It was a great afternoon with my mom and Claire, who are both such a delightful people. The company far far out shines the tea and goodies!

No comments: