See the flowers behind Lu? Jeff sent them along with a lovely note and a box of chocolates! (He's out of town, but he took me out for a lovely dinner last week.) You can also see my amaryllis blooming on the kitchen table. (Finally.)
We had yummy coffee cake muffins. You can see the "recipe" here.
Michelle brought me this authentic "Historic Victory Plate." It even came with a display stand. I love it!
Michelle came decked in all kinds of patriotic gear right down to her toes.
I wore my Obama gear.
I am so thankful for the gifts of hope, promise, friendship, abundance and love in my life.
A few inaugural highlights:
- My favorite part: the beautiful musical piece, an interpretation of one of my favorite hymns.
- I also loved the poem, though I heard several people say they didn't like it.
- I liked Michelle's daytime outfit better than her night time outfit, though neither were home runs for me.
- I see myself in the Obama family and I think lots of others do too.
- Still adore Anderson Cooper. (See one of my old blog posts here. Scroll down.)
- The day ended with a spectacular bang watching Bishop Robinson on The Daily Show.
We got it "to go," fixed it up at home and the three of us gobbled it up!