Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Gloaming -- Art Quilt Exhibit

I'm thrilled to be a part of a new exhibit opening at Etui Fiber Arts in Larchmont, NY next week. Will you be near NYC? I hope you'll stop by!


The other artists are my good friends Natalya Aikens, Robin Ferrier, Kristin La Flamme and Vivien Zepf. We've known each other for years online and have spent wonderful times together in person. This is the first time we've exhibited together. I hope it's not the last!

We chose The Gloaming as the theme for our exhibit inspired by the magical time betwixt day and night, eliciting myriad transitions. The art is manifested in fiber-based media, from cloth to paper and plastic, in sizes large and small.

Each artist will exhibit one large piece and one 12x12 inch piece.

My quilt, Haze and Hope, is included.


Here is the new 12x12" quilt I created especially for the exhibit. It's called Moon Rise Garden.

It's mounted on fabric wrapped canvas and include a wood block print I created in a recent workshop.

I won't be able to attend so I can hardly wait to see pictures. If you have a chance to see the exhibit, I hope you'll send me some!

No comments: