Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Big News!

I've been asked to write a book with C&T Publishing! So exciting! (And overwhelming!) It will be a book for beginning art quilters -- but with my own personal spin.

Here's a peek at the three-ring-binder where I'm keeping my info. Yes, that's a pink post-it note on top of a yellow post-it note in a green binder. Colorful!

I'm posting lots of updates on the progress of writing the book on my Facebook page. You can check it out here.  Usually, when an artist writes a book, she's all hush-hush and doesn't a single image of the stuff she's creating. Not me. I'll be sharing the nitty gritty of the process and lots of sneak peeks of artwork.

I hope you'll join me in the excitement of the process. What would you like to know about the process of writing a book? (And what do you think I should definitely include in my book?!)

I've been making lots of notes too.

Plus, this is cracking me up. (The box about the slow boat from China? Actually completely true.)

9 comments:

Candy said...

Congratulations! You will be an awesome author.

Thread Born said...

Wow! Congrats Deborah! So cool! Looking forward to hearing about your process. I had ah-ha moments and pulling my hair out moments...but I'd do it again in a flash (and plan to!)!

Laceflower said...

that is BIG news, congratulations.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

I looking forward to following your journey!

Lesley Riley said...

Wonderful news! I am so happy for you .You are lucky you can share. They always asked me to be hush-hush. I guess times are changing - and for the better!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your book deal. Can't wait to see what you come up with (and can't wait to get my copy!!)

Diane said...

Such great news, Deborah! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Exciting news! I too am looking forward to following your progress. :-)

BTW, why are there so many arrows that point to "Art Director starts drinking heavily?" and why does that seem vaguely familiar? Also, the wobbly dog from your This and That post reminds me of a certain geriatric cat we know.

iHanna said...

OH how fun Deborah, that's awesome news! I love art quilts and will add your book to my wish list as soon as I see it on amazon. I hope you're enjoying the ride of book making!