Saturday, January 03, 2015

New Small Work

Here's a tiny tree to round out the holiday season where most trees are making their way back into boxes or to the curb. Right?

This is Mulberry Tree in the Blue Wind. It's just 6x6 inches.

I created for an annual gift exchange I share with a group of artist friends. (Part of my gift included that luscious lemon, I posted earlier.) I often machine stitch an arch at the top of my compositions, this time I twisted the arch a bit and stitched two arches mirroring each other. I love how it adds another layer of dimension to the design and the hand stitching fills the space between the two arches.

If you've followed my 2014 works closely, you know I'm obsessed with that blue striped fabric.

I mounted the small fabric collage on a 6x6 gallery wrapped canvas that I covered with coordinating purply fabric. It turned out really well, I think. The recipient loved it, which is always such a joyful moment for both giver and receiver, right?!

1 comment:

Eleanor Levie said...


WONDERFULLY fresh, vibrant, organic, modern, free-wheeling, and seemingly spontaneous!!