Monday, September 23, 2013

Blog Renew: 13

Ok. I've decided I'm skipping weekends. I was thrilled to be a part of Sarah's blog hop to promote her awesome new dvd on Saturday, but then Sunday slipped away and I didn't post. Clearly, the universe is saying it's ok to take a break. I'm listening.

By the way, you've commented on this post to win a copy of Sarah's dvd, right? You have until Thursday!

I've also determined that I'm probably not going to finish the living room quilt in time to enter Art Quilt Elements. Three things pulled me away from that deadline.

First: Some opportunities are popping up for me to do some workshops and programs for local quilt guilds and arts groups. I love teaching and sharing my ideas about art. So, I want (and need) to spend some time preparing to pursue those opportunities. Hey, you should check out the Programs page on my website. Please let me know if you'd like me to come speak to your group! I'm totally up for it! My email link is there is the side bar. I'm still working on the quilt, but I'm not working quickly. And I still haven't found the right red.

Second: I've been pinning skirts made from upcycled t-shirts on Pinterest. I finally just had to pull out my stash of tees and cut into them. I try not to get sucked into crafty or sewing diversions too often, but I just couldn't help it. Here's where it stands at the moment.



You can see some of my inspiration on my "Converted Clothes" board on Pinterest. I'm really excited about the skirt so far. Next I'll be sewing the side seams and then I need to figure out how I'm going to rig in some elastic at the waist. So, I've been spending more time on the skirt than the dining room quilt. 

Third: There are a couple of local shows that I'd like to enter some work in. I really like to try to show my work locally at events where I can attend the openings, meet people and find a place for myself in the local arts community. So, rather than entering stuff in Art Quilt Elements, I can enter them locally. Anyway, that's my plan.

2 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Have you every used the 4" elastic for a waistband? You don't use any type of band, just the skirt stitched to the elastic. My girls really like these. I bet it would look cute for you too. Best wishes on getting your pieces done for the shows! I need to get to work too!

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

adorable skirts! I may just have to make a few for moi also.... ;)