Monday, August 08, 2011

Frayed Edges Show!

The primary reason for my visit to Maine was to attend the opening of the Frayed Edges show at the Camden Library. And of course... to see my friends!

It was a great day. Here's Kate, me, Kathy and Sarah in the gallery.
My long landscape quilt, Over and Beyond, was perfectly placed over the display case that held smaller pieces.


Table decor with flowers from Sarah's garden. So lovely.
We decided to create an original collection of quilts especially for this event. We each made a triptych art quilt based on the theme "Letters."
This picture is a little dark, but you can see all four triptychs and each of the artists. Sarah has an excellent blog post showing each triptych and more description of the project here.

Lots of visitors came to enjoy the snacks and the art.
After the artists' reception, we walked over to Kathy's house for mojitos on the deck!

I really feel so very lucky to be in the company of such wonderful artists and delightful friends.

1 comment:

Kristin L said...

Looks like a great time. Also, I had assumed that a library setting would be less gallery-like. Obviously I assumed wrong -- the show looks great and in a lovely venue!