Monday, March 10, 2008

Bedtime

Jeff was gone for a few days last week. So I had a quiet cozy bedtime. Sometimes that's nice. I was craving some decadent dessert, but I opted for a few berries and one square of Godiva chocolate instead. I'm just starting The Girl Who Stopped Swimming. It's fantastic so far. You know when you stop reading in the middle of a page because the phone rings, or you just can't keep your eyes open or one of kids needs attention *now*... and then you try to go back and pick up where you left off and you have to read back several paragraphs or even pages in order to remember all the details? (Hello, run-on sentence.) With this book, I remember exactly where I stopped. The images and the chacacters and the action are so intense that it makes a instant connection.

If I didn't have a big birthday meal to make, I'd spend the rest of the afternoon reading.

4 comments:

Diane Perin said...

I JUST got my copy YESTERDAY and it's next on the nightstand to read! I do love her writing and am so looking forward to reading it... with an art quilter heroine, even!
Have fun savoring every word!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to Benjamin! Sounds like he had a great day!

I've reserved my copy of TGWSS at the library! I'm waiting for it to come in! Although, I may have to break down and buy a copy at Barnes and Noble tomorrow! The only problem with a book that good is that I have a hard time putting it down to get anything else done! Ah well, it'll be worth it, I'm sure.

Leah said...

The berries look yummy. And I love those pillows. Thanks for posting the snow photos, also, for those of us that rarely see precipitation. I love the colors and shapes you use in your art. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

so glad that you're enjoying TGWSS,
I'm saving my copy for a looooog plane trip in may.Joshilyn is a favorite of mine and I made sure she knows how much you're enjoying her latest book.
Nina in Canada