I have to tell you that the self portrait is sucking the life out of me. It's not that I'm not pleased with it... I'm just missing any motivation to finish it up. And really, it's almost done. What's my problem? Man, it's so bright. I just want to dive into my brown drawer for a relief. If the "deadline" wasn't this Saturday, I would just put it away for awhile. So, here's what I have left to do.
- Make 10 more inches of some kind of collage to complete the border which will go along the bottom, under the house.
- Figure out how to "hang" the collages from the bottom since it needs some open space to balance out the open triangles at the top.
- Submit to the idea I already have about hanging the collages even though it's going to require a trip to the hardward store and the fabric store and more work than I really want to do.
- Go to the hardware store and the fabric store.
- Hope Benjamin takes a couple of long naps and finish the quilt.
- Reward myself with chocolate.
I'll keep you posted.