Wednesday, November 07, 2012

A few more Halloween snapshots...

Claire went as a witch this year!
Even though she is 13, a small group of very nice girls wanted to spend the evening together -- including trick or treating. I am always thrilled to answer the door and see smiling, polite, creatively-costumed kids of any age. I think others feel the same way, so I didn't discourage.

In fact... I even bought her these ridiculously "witchy" shoes at the Goodwill.
She brought alternate shoes for trick-or-treating comfort.

She layered up various black and purple elements and topped it off with the classic pointed hat.

The kids and I also put up these fun silhouettes in our windows.

Fun, don't you think?!

The spider and the owl were my favorites.

Claire carved this jack-o-lantern. It looked really fantastic!

We borrowed a wagon so Jeff could pull Benjamin around the neighborhood. Several people thought his crutches were just props for his costume. When he told them he had surgery, he got a few extra pieces of candy! Score!

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I love the window decorations! Very scary!

Kristin L said...

I'm all for creatively costumed trick or treaters of all ages too. Though we didn't have as many knocks on the door as I had expected, they did represent a large age range and everyone was in good spirits. i LOVE Claire's witchy shoes! Great purchase. Way to go Benjamin too. I hope he's feeling better and more mobile these days.
I'm also going to steal your silhouette idea for next year -- we have just the right windows for it too.