Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sketchbook Spice Inspiration

I posted on The Sketchbook Challenge blog today. The current theme is "spice." I had been searching for a fresh idea for my contribution and I finally found my inspiration with this book I just ordered.

Edible Selby is fabulous collection of images, sketches, "recipes," and bits of inspiration as seen through the lens and water color brush of Todd Selby. He profiles cooks, chefs, restauranteurs, farmers, cheese makers, and other lovers-of-food!

For my "sketchbook" project, I created an imitation Edible Selby feature about me and my kitchen. All the features include a handwritten Q&A ripped from a sketch book. Here's mine. I asked Claire to look at the book and write questions for me in his style. She did a great job!

You can see the rest of my pages and a bit more about the book on The Sketchbook Challenge blog.

2 comments:

Kristin L said...

Ooh, fun. And I can concur that Deborah's home made guacamole is delicious!!

Vivien Zepf said...

What a fun project! Sort of reminds me of the celeb Q &A at the back of every Bon Apetit magazine, too.