Friday, June 11, 2010

Open Studio

Before we pack up our home, I decided to host an "open studio." It's tomorrow June 12 from 4 to 7 pm! In my time here in Dallas, so many people have been supportive, enthusiastic and interested in my art work and I am honored that they are eager to see more.

I am really eager to see welcome everyone, chat about art and celebrate our friendship!

I even hung all the pieces from my Lent 2009 project. I've titled the collection "Spacious Place."
I'm working on a compilation of images and meditations about this project. Look for that in the next several months.

If you're in the area, please stop by. Email me if you need more info.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Oh no! I live in the area but I'm on my way to Durango right now so it looks like I'm going to miss out. I enjoyed seeing a lot of it on your blog though!

aimee said...

best of luck with your move! annapolis is a fabulous city - enjoy!!

p.s. i am borrowing your stairway arrangement idea - i love it!

Sarah Ann Smith said...

Oh Deborah... I wish I could have been there!!!!!!!! The Lent series looks amazing! Hope your new home in Annapolis (will it be on the campus or will you be getting your own place??) has light and walls as good for art as your home in Texas!

Hugs and cheers, Sarah

Chris said...

Hello Deborah,
I love your Lent piece! I hope your future posts will show the individual pieces in more detail. I'm anxious to hear the stories, too! Good luck with the move - expect good things! Annapolis is a lovely city, full of so much history, and D.C. is a short drive away. (we visit often, family out there)