Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Birthday Adventure

I am the mother of a teenager.

And I couldn't be happier!

To celebrate Claire's 13th birthday I wanted to do something really unique, exciting and special. She is a very unique and special person. We decided to look for something that we could enjoy as a family since we really do enjoy each other's company, depend on each other, and love hanging out together.

I began by googling "adventures in DC" and eventually found something just perfect! We put on our "IncrediBoscherts" gear and off we went.

We started with lunch in a quaint little sandwich shop in Richmond, VA.
(Actually we started off with a stop at Dunkin Donuts and a long drive to Virginia during which we listened to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me -- a family favorite.)

Benjamin and Jeff enjoyed Red Velvet cake for dessert to fortify them for the adventure. Claire and I held out for ice cream later.
Sadly, according to Jeff and Benjamin this was a very poor example of red velvet cake. But it sure makes for a great red-themed picture, don't you think?

Getting geared up for the next stop on the adventure...

Here is the birthday girl at the Robert E Lee statue on Monument Ave. Doesn't she look beautiful?!
I'll save all the details about the event for the next post. If you're my friend on Facebook you got a bit of a play-by-play on Saturday. I'll fill in lots more about the race tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kristin L said...

I can't wait to hear the details! You guys definitely look like you're up for fun and adventure. :-)