Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Houston Open Studio Prep

I'll be spending some time in the Quilting Arts Open Studio at Quilt Festival in Houston.

Deborah Boschert :: Open Studio :: Friday, November 4 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
Under the giant Make It University sign in the vendor hall

I wanted to prepare a project that would be easy and enjoyable to work on, but also provide good opportunity for explaining my process and chatting with folks about fabric collage. (I had so much fun working on my sheer silhouettes last year.) But I didn't want to mess with packing paint, washing out brushes and waiting for stuff to dry.

So I put together "Layered Landscape Collages." Then I wrote a "formula" with 11 easy parts.

Here is one completed collage. 



There are five others in various stages of completion. I put a little tag on each one listing which parts of the formula had been included.






Here are the rest of my supplies for my Open Studio time: handouts with the 11 part formula, embroidery floss, needles, scissors and a selection of sheer fabrics and unusual fabrics to show options for additional design elements.
Stop by and say hi!

5 comments:

Karoda said...

Enjoy yourself...it looks like participants in your Open Studio will!

Sarah Ann Smith said...

Wish I COULD stop by...will miss being there! Have a BALL! Hugs, Sarah

Jane said...

Thanks so much for sharing your process!
Wish I could be there!

Connie Akers said...

Have a wonderful time in Houston. I am wishing I was there but it wasn't in the cards this year. I know you'll get lots of well deserved kudos.

Vivien Zepf said...

Wish I could have been there.