Monday, November 28, 2011

Houston Goodies

I cleaned up my studio a bit today and put away some of the goodies that came home with me from International Quilt Festival in Houston.

Marcia Derse is always on my list! I picked up the five fat quarters in the lower left. Plus, I always love seeing her and chatting about her fantastic fabric.  I first met Marcia when I was stunned by her beautiful booth at Festival in 2006.
I picked up four wooden stamps -- in the upper left. I've already used the camel and the leaves!  Several of the other twelves were raving about Oakshott cottons, so I picked up a red/gray stripe and an orange/red stripe. I also got a grab-bag stack of hand dyed fabrics in the upper right. I'm going to have a massive day of surface design and add something to every piece.

But wait... there's more! A tiny lotus charm from Lilly Pilly Designs in the gold bag. They had tons of really beautiful pieces and the gals in the booth were so friendly and enthusiastic. (That always make me more eager to buy stuff!) Two hanks of hand-dyed perle cotton from Artfabrik where Laura and Frieda always greet me with big smiles. Five tubes of beads that I had some plans for ... but I'm not sure I can remember exactly what they were. Lastly, I was sucked in by this bundle of selvedges and off-cuts of felted wool. Perfect for fabric collages.

I've been spending lots of time editing my videos for the workshop I'll be teaching at STITCHED! Alma will be announcing the details for all 20 video workshops on Thursday, December 1 and registration will be open! I can't wait to tell you more!

No comments: