Sunday, March 20, 2011

12x12 in Dallas!

I have been packing, planning, ordering books and supplies and getting excited about my upcoming trip to Dallas! I'll be doing a program and workshop for the Dallas Area Fiber Artists. I believe there are still spots available in the workshop. If you are in the Dallas area, I would LOVE to see you. See the DAFA website for more info.

Techniques and Truths: Inspired by 12x12
Saturday, March 26 from 9 am to 4 pm

Taking inspiration from quilts created for 12x12: The International Art Quilt Challenge, we’ll explore various techniques including construction, surface design, embellishment and finishing. Students may create a finished 12x12” art quilt or simply explore the techniques. We’ll also discuss various ideas and “truths” about creating art and living a creative life.

I'm bringing all my "colorplay" challenge pieces. We'll be working on several of the techniques used on these pieces.

On Monday evening, I'll be doing a mini-workshop before the DAFA meeting. We'll be making these illuminated letter ornaments. I just LOVE the easy technique for creating that letter with foil paper. I used this technique on my illumination quilt. (Kits are $4 and will be available for the first 30 participants.)

Illuminated Letter Ornaments Mini-Workshop
Monday, March 28 at 5:30 pm (immediately before the DAFA meeting)

Then I'll be doing a digital slide show for the program portion of the DAFA meeting. I'll also have copies of the book to sell and sign.

Twelve by Twelve: Inspirations and Adventures from the Art Quilt Challenge
Monday, March 28 at 7 pm


The Dallas Area Fiber Artists is a wonderful group. I am honored that they invited me to share my artwork with them. I am thrilled to give a little insight into the amazing experience that I've enjoyed as part of our 12x12 group. If you're in the area, I hope you'll come -- and continue to be involved with other exciting programs and events with DAFA.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Deborah
I wont see you this weekend :( I'll be on retreat with my guild but I will see you on Monday- Hope I get there in time for a kit @ the mini workshop.. PP