Tuesday, December 30, 2008

This and That

We had a lovely Christmas. I can't believe it's over. We leave tomorrow for a family vacation, so I'll leave you with some snaps from our holiday celebrations.


We forgot to take a family picture while we were all dressed up for Christmas Eve church. Oh well. This was taken before church on Sunday morning.


IMG_6386_2.JPG


I printed this one out for Claire and Benjamin to use as thank you notes.


IMG_6377_2.JPG


This is the best one we got on Christmas Eve. It was already dark which meant we used a flash which results in -- red eye! Did you even realize a kid could roll his eyes out that far?!


IMG_6321_3.JPG


The traditional cranberry pudding by candle light. Read more about cranberry pudding here and here.


IMG_6324_2.JPG


Don't those beautiful glass plates leave an interesting reflection on the table cloth?


IMG_6336_2.JPG


Lincoln loved the tire and rope toy he got for Christmas.


IMG_6349_2.JPG  


I must say that as I look through our Christmas photos, I realize I am not very good at taking thoughtful arty shots that truly tell a story. That makes me a bit disappointed. You know what I'm talking about. You can find that style of photography all over the crafty blog world. But, in reality, I know that I am happier wrapped up in my robe cradling a cup of coffee and just watching, listening and living Christmas morning rather than poking around and studying the light in order to get the perfect shot.


We'll see if I do any better while we're on vacation.


3 comments:

Kristin L said...

I'm with you on the photos, but then again, our focus in the world is fiber art, not photography.

Enjoy your vacation!

Kristin L said...

I meant that I am sympathetic -- I don't take great photos either -- not that your photos suck, because they don't. In fact, your subjects are very good looking, which counts for a lot!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that Benjamin....he is a stitch!

teri