Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

We had a lovely day. It was special... but not too far out of the ordinary, which is just fine with me.
After the kids left for school, I made cookies while chatting on the phone. I suppose you could say they are "linzer hearts," really, they are just Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, strawberry jam and powered sugar. Surprisingly, I was able to find two sizes of heart-shaped cookie cutters in the box of Play Do tools. They were delish (even though they aren't chocolate).

Dinner started with a little "hugs and kisses" tea sandwich appetizer.
I was making good use of that cookie cutter yesterday!

Flank steak, dilly bread and green beans with almonds for dinner. (You can probably enter dilly bread into the search at the top of this page for a recipe. I'm sure I've blogged about it before. Yum.) We toasted with wine glasses filled with milk and finished with hand-made cards, a new necklace, new books and a pile of dirty dishes.

1 comment:

Joanna Stein said...

It sounds awesome! Sounds just like what we had for every birthday growing up. Best meal ever.

Hug the kids for us.