Wednesday, December 06, 2006

In the works...

Recently, I signed up to do an ornament swap with Amy. Amy is a master at hosting swaps and she has many very talented crafters and artists who participate. Plus, she lives right here in North Texas. So I delivered my ornaments to her in person yesterday. Delightful!

I'm not going to show you the completed ornaments just yet, but here are some of the parts.


Old spools... aren't they fun? I just love that it says "Blossom" on top -- and in red and green too!


Honestly, I am thrilled with how the ornaments turned out, but in the middle of the project, I had serious doubts. I was worried that they wouldn't live up to the expectations of the other swappers. I was worried they were too crafty for my tastes. I was worried they wouldn't travel well. I even spent quite some time browsing Flickr looking for new ideas when I considered starting completely over. (That link will take you to a huge ornament swap organized by Cake+Pie. This is not the swap I participated in, but there are jillions of cute ornaments pictured there.)

Sometimes it's right to change directions. Sometimes you just have to keep moving forward. Anyway, completed pictures next week. I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine you doing something that I wouldn't just love.