Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hey Look What I Found...

Some of these pictures were buried in a picture file that never got perused -- and thus never blogged. They are from the trip Jeff and I took to Annapolis, Maryland in September.

My best friend Lucy recently moved to Virginia, so she was able to spend a day with me. Delightful! We had crab tart and crab cakes for lunch.


Oh and yes... my husband was there too! Here we are at the football game. It was a super fun weekend.

(Can't quite see my cool necklace? Check it out here.)

We always love walking around the campus of the Naval Academy. In some ways it's a symbol of many of the things around which we have built our life... dedication, tradition, study, community, service... and even creative arts!

Here are the Pipes and Drums of the Brigade of Midshipmen at the United States Naval Academy and the Scottish dancers. Yes, these are all Midshipmen -- students at the Naval Academy.

I didn't know there was an official uniform kilt, but there is. How cool is that? They were very very impressive! This is a small slice of military life that often gets looked over. These men and women will become officers in the US Navy. I think it's important to be well-rounded, to have a full life of activities that compliment each person's gifts and skills. In many wonderful (and sometimes surprising ways) our military provides this opportunity for people.

Speaking of creative, smart, clever, funny, dedicated Navy folks, check out these two videos on You Tube.
Pump It
Hey Ya

Life in the military is so much more than what you see on the news. At least it was for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! It's amazing what people forced to endure long periods confined together will do. Surf music on a boat does seem appropriate though (even if it's a REALLY BIG boat!)

Debra said...

Darn you!! I've spent the last weekend with that "Pump It" song swirling around my head nonestop.

beki said...

Hi! This is my first time visiting your blog. Thanks for posting those pictures. It reminds me of my honeymoon 9 years ago when we visited that area. Ah, I wish I could go back!