Friday, June 16, 2006

Somebody Stop Me!

I'm not sure I can resist going to see The Lake House. How cheesy is that? I adore Keanu just as much as I adore Anderson. In fact, last time I blogged about them, someone commented that they are "two sides of the same hot coin." Which is absolutely true!

I'm usually not such an enormous sucker for the romantic-comedy-super-natural-weepy flicks. I can generally wait until they come out on dvd. But, there is something about this one. And the trailers. And Sandra Bullock on Letterman. And Keanu on Leno. They are all working together to suck me to the theatre.

I forgot to say that Christopher Plummer is also in The Lake House. My goodness, how can you go wrong with Captain von Trapp!?

I did some gardening today. That's very unlike me.

Do you need a laugh? Check out this video. Why do I mess with fabric, when I could be making art with diet coke, like these guys?

Do you like to dance? You must see this guy.

Have a great weekend. I'll keep you posted on my movie attendance. (It's more likely that I'll partake in Cars and just put The Lake House on my "be patient and wait for the dvd" list.)

6 comments:

Terry Grant said...

I thought the Lake House looked quite cheesy, but last week Ebert and Roeper raved about it and gave it two thumbs up. Who'd a thunk it? I trust E & R--they have seldom steered me wrong.

Lisa said...

The man dancing video is hysterical, especially if you remember all the songs and the craze that went with them!!! Cars was excellent but if you can manage it go see "The Lake House". It's on my list!

Anonymous said...

You made the sleepy McDonald house rock with laughter at 8 a.m. on a Sat morn. That's quite the achievment. Of course, I'm married to, and gave birth to, an engineer so the guys are at the store for diet coke and mentos-pray for me.

Sonji Hunt said...

I too adore Keanu. Something is wrong with you if you don't. I think if you rationalize it all by going to a cheaper matinee, all will work out. That's what I'm going to do. It does sound so sappy. I like sappy, alone in the dark with unhealthy popcorn.

Linda B. said...

Thanks for the links - I love 'household science', but my face is aching from watching the dancing video. How did you find it???

Jules said...

My son was in the state Science Olympiad here and they did the Diet Coke/Mentos thing at the Opening Ceremony. Each team had a bottle set around the college green and they set them off. It was so much fun for the kids. Of course, Alex ended up with Diet Coke all over him...

As soon as swim team season ends, we are going letterboxing. Did you design a stamp and make it? Or do you use a store bought one?