Today is Benjamin's 4th Birthday!
Look what fun we had celebrating when we visited family on the way to Dallas.
Auntie Kris made a delicious GREEN cake that Benjamin adored. He especially loved putting on the sprinkles. Isn't his face so funny? Those eyebrows tell a big story!
I'll have more pictures of our other celebrations later in the week. (I know the grammas and grampas will look forward to that!)
A few things I remember about March 2, 2002.
- We probably should have left for the hospital a bit sooner.
- While we were on the way to drop Claire off at a friends home before we went to the hospital, she chatted on and on about how one of her classmates was eatting playdough.
- The nurse at the labor and delivery check-in insisted I put my shoes back on before I walked from the waiting room to the triage room.
- Jeff was (and is) an amazing support... zipping about lowering the lights and plugging in my self-hypnosis music as we were shuttled from room to room.
- I was thrilled that my mother was there for Benjamin's first moments so he would know that he has a big family of folks who love him.
- He was a warm, tiny, sweet miracle.
And now he is...
- the best joke-teller in the family. "Knock Knock? Who's there? Cargo. Cargo who? Car go, 'beep beep!'"
- a great dancer, he's got some wicked moves including the "surfing Santa."
- curious, impatient, whiney, energetic and stubborn
- very friendly and thoughtful and always wants to save a treat for when Claire gets home from school
- a creative game-player, he loves to make up how you get points, how many "lifes" you get and how to battle the bad guys
- a great cuddler!