Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween Festivities

Of course, we carved pumpkins. I didn't take any pictures of the finished product. (???) Hmmm, this picture tells me we all need haircuts.



Claire's teacher hosted the 3rd annual "Pumpkin Relays" and fun was had by all.



The kids made cracker and pretzel spiders in the classroom after the outdoor fun. Benjamin helped me make a sample spider. We also made scary monster fingers with baby carrots and almonds. (We planned healthy snacks knowing that the rest of the day had no chance for overcoming the sugar.)



Benjamin and Claire were a frog and a pig. Both these ideas were completely the kid's notions. Ben is just frog-crazy, so it seemed logical. Claire thinks she makes an excellent pig grunt, so she had to have the costume to go with the sound effects. In fact, she does grunt well.



Do you think his tongue is long enough to catch that orange fly?



Pig snout from ebay, ears made from fun foam, all the pink clothes from the closet. Easiest costume ever.




After trick or treating, we had witches broom sticks and brew (breadsticks and tomato sauce with cheese) and ghost milk. I saw Martha make the ghost milk on her show this week. (I know several of you saw the show too.) But she made milk shakes... I just did plain old milk. Don't you think they had enough sweets without a big fancy ice-cream drink?

Claire pretended to be afraid of the ghost and didn't have to pretend to be impressed. "Where did you learn to do that?!" As if I'm the cleverest mom in the world.

We had a fun night. It was in the 50s -- usually delightful for Maine. We have a huge bowl of candy. I will be sneaking out the good stuff and ignoring any ideas of a healthy diet until January.

7 comments:

Deb R said...

Aaaawwww....the kids looked TOO cute!! (And you look pretty too. I don't think you look like you need a haircut.)

Unknown said...

Very cute! Your kids still have that innocence that my kids are losing. It's nice to see another picture of you. I feel like I know you but cannot pick you out of a crowd!

Joanne S said...

where's the pirate?

Karoda said...

what a fun time! and the babees are cutiepies!

Melody Johnson said...

I wish you were my mom.
Love Melody

Sonji Hunt said...

Cutecutecute!

Elle said...

What a fun Halloween you guys had! I love their costumes! Super-cute.