Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Obligatory Rock Star Post

I feel quite silly posting about such blather as Rock Star INXS in the midst of such devastation in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. I was in tears at the gym where I was bombarded with all the news channels that I normally avoid at home. An enormous tragedy. My prayers to those suffering and those helping.

I don't think I enjoyed the show much last night. I think it's dragging on too long. (I may have been distracted by the beading I was doing on a wonderful little quilt collage piece. More on that later.) The song choices were ok. But none seemed like show stoppers. Even Bohemian Rapsody, which everyone seems to love, seems a bit like a circus to me.

You know, bottom line, any of them would be great. I think INXS would mold any of them into a great part of their band. Of course, my brother-in-law Matt, wonders why INXS is looking for a new lead singer in the first place. He says, "Move on, gentlemen." But that's another topic.

But, here are my brief thoughts.

Jordis: lacks range, too young, doesn't have a vision

JD: Ok... I'm ready to extinguish my torch for JD. Too cocky, too unpredicatable in voice, performance and personality.

MiG: Sarah says he's too soft. I think she might be right. (Check out her post about the show and her new blog!)

Ty: For some reason he's not a fan favorite. I'm not ready to see him go.

Suzie: I can't believe how far she has come. She came in totally "goody two shoes." And now I think she is a strong front runner. She's definetely turned up the personality.

Marty: I think it's his to loose. He needs to widen his horizens a bit and could use some refining, but it might be a match.

I predict Marty will get the encore (only because they gave it to Suzie last week.) Ty, MiG and JD will be in the bottom 3. Depending on the performances, I think it's a toss up between Ty and MiG. Maybe they'll cut both. Twist my arm? It's JD's last night. (He's going to be pissed.)

1 comment:

Debra said...

Deb,

I think JD's performance in the recording studio with INXS means as soon as the band has a chance to eliminate him, he's done.

I would like Ty or Suzie to win this, but I see Marty as the dark horse...

I, too, was unimpressed with the performances last night. They all seemed to lack energy.