Thursday, February 03, 2005

It's All About Me Me!

Diane tagged me. She also enlightened me on the proper meaning of meme. I had no idea. Actually, I thought it was a bit of slang about these lists which end up being all about "me me!"

Total Amount of Music on your computer? No idea. I don't do much music. Though I think if I got in the habit, I would enjoy it more. My husband has lots of music on this computer and sometimes (if I'm doing some mundane task, like manipulating photos) I track it down and get it going. He's got a lot of Linkin Park which I am not thrilled about. But there is also some Evanesence there, which I like.

The last CD you bought? Bought? Nothing recently. But I'd say the last one was Shania Twain's "Up." I heard her sing "Not Just a Pretty Face" on Oprah a long time ago and logged right on to Amazon. I listened to that album a lot during some challenging times and it helped.

What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? Well, Benjamin has Laurie Berkner's "Shady Tree" in the player that he listens to at bed time, so it was probably "I'm Gonna Drive My Car" while doing all the hand motions in the bed with cozy-pajama boy! (You can see some great Laurie Berkner videos on Noggin.)

Write 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you?
Well, like Julie from High Fiber Content, "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel is *our song.* Jeff and I shared a wonderful winter weekend in Lawrence, Kansas in 1989 and we went to see "Say Anything." I know you've seen it too, so I don't have to explain anymore.
My all time favorite song is "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. And I've loved it way longer than it's been used in Fisher-Price commercials.
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole It's just entrancing. Just a tiny bit of it was in a commercial for life-savers or something a long time ago. Then I heard the extended version in Finding Forester. (Which is a fantastic flick.) We downloaded it the same night we saw the movie. And then the first day I volunteered in my daughter's kindergarten classroom, Mr. Horne had it playing. I knew all was right with the world.
The songs we sing to our kids at bedtime "Barges, The Pearl Song, I'm a Little Froggy, Edelweiss, Kum Ba Ya..."
Lastly, I'll have to say some hymn. After 35 years of regular church attendance many many of them are well-known, loved and recognized. How about "All Glory Laud and Honor" which we sing on Palm Sunday while parading around the church?

I feel a bit shallow in my tastes. I also enjoy The Bacon Brothers, Indigo Girls, Melissa Etheridge, Broadway musicals, Lowen and Navarro and some occasional Top 40 Pop crap.

What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why?
Laural at Thimble -- because her blog is a kick and apparently she's reading mine, I saw my link on one of her side bars. (!!!) And she's not in the Quilters Web Ring, so she's fresh meat.
Claire at Little Fish -- Because she has a lovely name, and we've been doing a bit of cyber inspiration and I'm eager to hear where she is with her music.
Kristi at Designedly Kristi -- because I know her from some Artella groups and because she does so many creative and interesting things that surely her music taste will be eclectic and inspiring (and she's more fresh meat).

No comments: