Thursday, January 20, 2005

Frayed Edges Current Favorites

As I mentioned earlier, four gals from here in Maine are starting a small art group. Kate asked each of us to name our current favorite artist. We all complained to her that it was cruel and unusal to make us pick one but...

Kate picked Lorraine Roy from Canada.
Sarah picked Sandra Meech (for whom we couldn't find a website, but is author of an amazing book.)
Kathy picked Deana Hartman...www.chameleonquilts.com (She was recently on Crafters Coast to Coast and made a wonderfully whimsical needle book.)
I'm picking Luann Udell. I love the small size of her work, the wonderful layers of texture, color and images. I also love the sticks she uses to hang each piece and the added elements of fibers and beads she adds to the sticks.

I also told the rest of Frayed Edges about the Artful Quilters Webring, my new obsession with blogs.

2 comments:

Diane Perin said...

What a fun get together! And, FYI, Sandra Meech's great book is on sale at Overstock.com!

Anonymous said...

I just found this post. You picked me as your FAVORITE ARTIST??!! I'm so thrilled!!
Hope you had a wonderful artists day out,
Luann