Saturday, August 19, 2017

Classes and Quilts at International Quilt Festival


It's such a pleasure and an honor to teach at Festival! I've already got kits in the works, so I'd love to see you in the classroom. You can register here. 

Here's my schedule.

Thursday, November 2 from 2 to 5 pm: Small Stitched Landscapes (class number 478)
Friday, November 3 from 10 to noon: Mixed Media Sampler Creating Original Stencils (event number 556)

Friday, November 3 at 3 pm: All About Art Quilts Lecture (event number 563)

Saturday, November 4 from 9 am to 5 pm: Creativi-Tree Art Quilts (class number 711)

Sunday, November 5 from 9 am to noon: Techniques with Paint and Ink (class number 801)
You can read details about these workshops on my workshops page on my website. But don't look at the supply lists. They are different from Festival and you'll need to refer to the Festival website for info about kits and supplies.

I'll also have some art quilts on the show floor. (It's my year of ladders.)

You can see Rising Resting in the Personal Iconography exhibition.

Limbs, Ladders, Roots and Rocks will be in the Art Miniature category of the judged shows.
Rising Setting will be in the Matter of Time textile exhibition curated by my friend Brenda Gael Smith who will be there with the quilts!

The very very best part of Festival is the people! I get to see friends from all over the country, meet new students, connect with people who have enjoyed my book and talk with a bunch of people who love creating with fabric! If you see me, please come say hi!

2 comments:

chris said...

You are going to be busy - maybe one day you'll come to Australia & do some workshops. We can hope.

Gayle from MI said...

Houston is on my bucket list but not for this year!