Friday, December 18, 2015

Catching Up... My Exhibition Opening

The opening reception for the exhibition of my work Horizon Unitarian Universalist Church was just lovely. I have such thoughtful, generous supportive friends who came to chat, look at art and have some snacks.



There were cookies and brownies!


I made up a fun "scavenger hunt" and people seemed to really enjoy perusing and thinking about the items I listed.


It got people talking and and looking at the art quilts a little differently, I think. Plus, it was just fun.

You may have seen this ice ring I was preparing for the punch bowl. I posted it on Facebook the day before the reception. Pretty, right?


I'd mark this down as a FAIL.

You can't really see it here, but the fruit was mostly hidden in the ice. And the bulky ring made it hard to scoop out any punch. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Here's a panorama shot of the lovely space and several of the guests.


No comments: