Friday, December 04, 2015

Art Quilts on Exhibit!

I was thrilled to be invited to exhibit some of my art quilts at a local church. If you're in the area, I hope you'll come to the reception on Sunday.


Art Quilts by Deborah Boschert
Reception
Sunday, December 6 from 4 to 6 pm
Horizon Unitarian Universalist Church

1641 W Hebron Parkway in Carrollton

Here is the space before I hung my work. 

Can you believe I forgot to take this same panorama shot after I hung the work? Duh. I'll take a picture on Sunday.

Here's a little corner with a few pieces.

I prepared my own labels...



Now this is just the best part... I needed a little container in which to put business cards that would sit in the back of the church. I decided to find a tutorial for a origami box. Digging through my stash, I found some papers I painted in a workshop with Margie Woods Brown more than five years ago. Perfect. It made me so happy to fill a need by making something myself with something I had on hand.



Here's the blog post I wrote about that workshop and you can even see this same piece of paper.

There will be punch and cookies and tiny pigs-in-a-blanket at the reception. I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

Congratulations, Deborah! Can't wait to see the "after" picture!