With that in mind, here are some of the art-related things I hope to accomplish in 2012 (and the first three weeks of 2013).
- Compile a comprehensive inventory of completed art quilts.
- Set up a proper space for photographing quilts.
- Maintain a reasonable level of anxiety and stress. (Don't let it bubble over.)
- Complete five quilts for the new 12x12 project "2012 Series."
- Complete a quilt for a juried show I've been invited to enter.
- Arrange my time and priorities to say "yes" as opportunities present themselves.
- Finalize Layered Landscape Collage workshop for real life and online.
- Make two to four additional “large” works.
- Enter two to four juried art quilt shows that are meaningful to me.
- Update blog and/or website.
- Compile comprehensive list of shows, publications, etc.
- Write a simple useful bio.
- Write a simple useful artist statement.
- Don’t get distracted by fiddly crafty projects that don’t truly inspire proper time and attention.
As I read over this list, it seems a bit clinical. It's clear and practical and reasonable, but it lacks spirit, I think. That's the stuff that is hard to put into words and even harder to measure. So, maybe I'll just say...
- Embrace spirit.