Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Boro Continuing

I've been stitching a bit on my reclaimed/boro scarf. Not too much since I was working on some holiday projects, but it was nice to return to this project in between.
I added this square from a sweater I cut up. I had intended to turn an oversized men's sweater from the Goodwill into a cute asymmetrical cardigan. I was not successful, but the sweater was so soft and I like the color, so maybe this tiny square is the only good that will come of it.

Melly has taken her Rockstar Boro in beautifully detailed and artful direction. I've stayed very basic and simple. That's what is working for me in this project. No design decisions, just keep stitching. Just feel the fabric.

I would like to wear this scarf someday, so I need to think logically about the length. Here it is tied just once. This might work as a simple neck warmer.
It's pretty short. Too short to fold in half and loop the ends through the fold. Maybe it's too wide also. It looks more like a shawl here.
Yes, I think it needs to be just a bit longer and just a bit narrower. That's about all I can manage at the moment as far as creative decision making. And maybe adding another green sweater square or two.

3 comments:

Amalia Teresa Parra Morusiewicz said...

consider twisting (or ruching a couple inches) and putting in some stitched to keep the twist in... can't explain real well - but when I see you next week, I'll show you...
love that the stripes

Melly Testa said...

What about a mobius strip? They certainly stay around your neck and keep it warm!

momma helen said...

Your pic makes me consider the possibility of "Boro Prayers"for those of us who aren't so great at knitting. Instead of knitting a prayer shawl, how about making one of these?
And for kids/teens, making them out of a far-away friend's shirt might be extra-cool.