Friday, December 16, 2011

This and That

Like Melly, I'm stilling stitching on my boro project. I did a little (intentionally) sloppy blanket stitch in green along one side. Next I need to actually put the scarf on and think about whether it's nearing the right weight and length.

 

I met my friend Lucy in Old Town Alexandria yesterday. We started our day together with a mocha and a latte and everything else that followed was equally delightful.

We went to the Army Navy game last weekend. It was really fun. President Obama was there! Here you can see him doing the coin toss on the big screen and in the crowd of people on the field below.
It's the first time I've ever been in the same "room" with a sitting President and it was pretty thrilling.

F-18 flyover immediately before the game -- and Jeff's hand. He was so excited!
Navy won the game and we were reminded how much we are enjoying being a part of the Naval Academy community.
A tiny sneak peak at a project I finished earlier in the month.

5 comments:

Penney said...

I, too, would be excited to be that close to the President! I LOVE the little roses............. are you going to give us a tutorial? hint, hint, lol

Anonymous said...

Yup, the pictures always make me teary. Can't wait to be together soon. Love, mom

Melly Testa said...

Great post. Nice to see progress on your scarf and good to see the photos with you and your family. I am glad you are enjoying your time with Jeff at the Naval Academy.

Kristin L said...

School spirit is great, but I really like those felt roses. :-) Ask Art someday about the VP....

Melly Testa said...

I forgot to say, I love the roses.