Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chartreuse Reveal

Yesterday was the latest "reveal" on the 12x12 blog. Gerrie picked Chartreuse as the palette for this round of our ColorPlay series.

Here is my submission. It's called Approaching Departure.

You can read more about it on the 12x12 blog. Plus see the 11 other chartreuse quilts!

I finished this quilt well before the deadline, but I wasn't sure I was pleased with it. I started another chartreuse quilt and worked on it throughout the last few days, but it wasn't really coming together. The more I look at this piece and think about how and why I constructed it, I'm pleased with it and I think it is a good addition to my 12x12 collection and to my continuing development as an artist.

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

I just love the wonky minimalism of this.

Joanne S said...

When did the deadline move to April 12th? I wasn't ready. The very first deadline I have missed. I guess I am well, and truly , out of the 12 by 12 loop. Oh, dear.