Monday, August 23, 2010

Progress

I am slowly unpacking my studio. I was at a stopping point when I realized I needed some new bookshelves. (Some of the shelves I had in TX were too flimsy to make the move.) I was so desperate to get organized that we actually ventured out to Ikea on a Saturday. It wasn't as much of a mad house as I anticipated and I got all the things I needed.

While unpacked, I was happy to find several pieces of vintage linens that Aunt Nancy gave me when were visiting St. Louis this summer. I realized several of them have potential for the "lorikeet" theme for the next 12x12 quilt. Brenda picked this exciting theme, which basically includes mostly green with accents of red, yellow and blue. Like this:

The reveal day is September 1! I've been telling myself not to feel too much pressure; there is plenty of time. I needed to focus on other priorities over the last couple of weeks. But... I do feel the pressure mounting. Luckily, Claire went back to school today and Benjamin will return tomorrow.

But, there is also that mess in the background that needs attention.

3 comments:

Gerrie said...

One day at a time. One thing at a time. You will get there.

EmandaJ said...

Hi Deborah, I don't know about you, but there will always be a "mess in the bacground".

Cheers,
Emanda

Connie Akers said...

Miss you. I hope the kids have a great start in their new schools; thrilled you're meeting nice neighbors; and know the studio will be up and running soon.