Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Comfort Zone

I knew this week would be better.
Measure
10 x 8" (#36)

Today's scripture was a bit about refuge. I took that cue to return to some of my familiar shapes and colors. I really like how this turned out. It's a bit busy, but that's ok. I think it benefits from viewing close up. (Seriously... I am planning to re-do all the photos soon.) I really like the quilting. I put that same leaf fabric on the back and then did the free motion quilting from the backside following the pattern.

2 comments:

Kristin L said...

It may be in your comfort zone, but I thik the busy-ness shows that your zone is expanding. I also think you're a clever sausage to quilt from the back and follow the fabric design. i always forget that that's an option!

Karen in Virginia said...

I also like how you did the quilting following the fabric from the back. Very nice!

I was glad to see you posted it right away too. I can understand why you didn't post last week, but I really enjoy seeing them every day! I'm hoping you'll do something for Easter, after because it's Sunday.

I went back and looked at your photo of the pile of quilts and realized I like looking at it because it shows the contrast of size of the different pieces. It adds something more to just seeing the full on photo.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this series. Thank you!

Karen C