Monday, March 23, 2009

Green and Purple

As the day draws to a close, I'm posting my work from Friday.

Flourish
7 x 14" (#21)

This piece came together with complete delight. I really enjoyed the process and I'm very pleased with the results. I like that long orientation and the swirly vine growing from the side rather than from the bottom. The leaves are cut from a map of Israel from an old Biblical atlas.

Of course, I also like it because I returned to my favorite color combo. Behold the green and the purple.

The photography is particularly bad on this quilt (and on the next one). I am planning to rephotograph ALL the pieces some day this week. I need a sunny, but not too bright, day without too much wind. And lots of patience.

I'll post Saturday's work in the morning.

6 comments:

Candied Fabrics said...

ooh - this IS a nice one! Love the horizontal layout, and the contrast between the small tree-like stitches at th top and the large flowing leaves at the bottom! Well done!

Jeannie said...

If I had to pick, this would be one of my favorites. I love the color combo, the design, and horizontal layout. Way to go! Have a great week. Cheers.

Terry Grant said...

This is just lyrical and lovely! So Deborah.

Unknown said...

Love it! It flows.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

i can see that this was a complete delight! it's lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love all the little quilts you have been making... but this one really speaks to me.

Katina