Sunday, June 08, 2008

Just so you know...

I've got several small pieces of fiber art hanging at the Starbucks in Denton across from the Golden Triangle Mall. A frappacino is so enjoyable on these wicked hot summer days. So, if you're looking for a caffeine-pick-up and some sweet cold frothy goodness, you see some of my quilts as a bonus!

star1

I am member of the Visual Arts Society of Texas and they recently partnered with this local Starbucks to show work by area artists. I am thrilled to be the first featured artist. My work will be up through July 2.

I chose nine small pieces with some common elements. They all feature some embellishment and similar themes: houses, leaves and earthy colors. Here is Patina of Radiance and Encrusted Cobblestones 1.

  star2

And here are three of my house-themed small art quilts mounted on stretched canvas.

 star3

Please let me know if you stop by. I'd love to hear what you think.

7 comments:

Helen Conway said...

Wow, how exciting and I loved the quilts. You make such beautiful stuff

Kristin L said...

Good for you! I think there is a lot of value in joining a professional organization, and kudos on being the first featured artist. This is a great way to gain exposure not only for you, but for fiber arts in general.

Gerrie said...

This is so cool. I wish my group here in Portland would get off their duff and do something! Maybe I will have to get off mine - ha!!

Niki said...

I'd love to have you join my new quilter's list blog! Just ran across your wonderful blog and wanted to say HI. Here is the link. :)
http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/

Rhonda said...

Good for you! I live about 2 hours away from Dallas and would love to stop by the Starbuck's to view your work.

Lauri said...

How cool is that??? Congratulations!

Leah/ Texas/ United States said...

That's so cool! Congratulations on having your work displayed at starbucks, not too many people can say that. Plus it will get you even more exposure!