Friday, July 21, 2006

Divine...

Look what flew into my studio. Isn't it just amazing?


It's a 5x7 piece by Melanie Testa. She and I have emailed lots of times over the past several months and have been equally supportive and enthusiastic about each other's artwork. I was so surprised and EAGER when she suggested a trade.

I am entranced by Melly's use of layers and transparency. See how the cut out plant shapes are echoed by the quilitng? You can't appreciate the luminosity of the bird in the photo. (I did scold her for not signing and dating the piece! Really, we all need to do that everytime, don't you think?)

Here is Melly's piece among some other inspiring pieces of art.

I'll be giving you a tour of my studio soon. I am so happy that is filled with all kinds of wonderful artwork by many of my blogging friends.

4 comments:

Shelina said...

Looks like you have lots of good stuff to inspire you. I like the cross stitch definition of love, of course the card you just got, and the framed house the best.

Deb R said...

Looks like a great thing to fly in!

Micki said...

What a nice gift and you have a lot of nice pieces for inspiration there.

Melly Testa said...

shoot! I feel the scolding! I am sorry! I rebel against the signing thing and I also sign things. I plan on sending you an iron on label, if this is a good solution to you. I think a "studio tour is in order, tune in within a a day or so.