Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Snow Shoeing

On Friday afternoon Jeff and Benjamin and I joined Claire's class for snow shoeing. It was really fun. I didn't have very high hopes. I was concerned that Ben would poop out and I was worried it was going to be too wet and slushly like it had been earlier in the week. Ben did poop out a little, but over all it was a perfect day. On the other hand, Claire was really looking forward to it and we had barely gotten started when she said, "This is not as much fun as I thought it was going to be." She persevered, but not with much enthusiasm. You can tell she is wiped out in the last picture below.

Hey! I've got orange snow shoes! Check me out!



Nineteen kindergarteners and first graders, one teacher and about eight parents snowshoeing through the woods. I can hardly believe this is literally our back yard. I feel very lucky.



I wish our photographer would have panned down a bit so you could see the snow shoes... it was the point of the picture. Oh well, enjoy the tree trunks instead. Posted by Hello

No comments: