Sunday, October 08, 2017

Watch me on The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims

Remember I went to Colorado in February to shoot an episode of The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims? My episode premiers today!



Subscribers can watch it here. (The Quilt Show is an online tv show with hundreds of episodes in their archives that subscribers can watch anytime.)

It will be free for anyone to view from October 15 to 21. It's episode 2108, so just visit The Quilt Show and search for me. I'd love to hear what you think.

I got to sit with Alex and Ricky on their living room set and talk about my workbook Head, Heart and Hands: Developing Your Creative Voice. To celebrate my appearance, both the spiral bound workbook and the pdf version are 25% off in my Etsy shop during the premier week and the free viewing week.



I did a surface design demo with Alex and I even got her to print fabric using a toilet paper tube!



Then I did a demo of my design and composition process while highlighting the Eight Design Guides from my book, Art Quilt Collage: A Creative Journey in Fabric, Paint and Stitch.



Signed copies are in my Etsy shop for $25!

Here's the finished quilt from the composition demo. It's called Light As A Feather and measures 16 x 12. It was really fun to make for the show and I loved talking through all the steps to get to the final product. (It's also in my Etsy shop.)



Let me know what you think! Are you eager to create some original surface designed fabrics? Are you ready to start a new project with renewed confidence in the design process?

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

The way you shared design progressions and how you make choices really was an inspiration. I have taken some classes also, but each day is a learning experience.

I am certainly going to add more original surface design elements to my art quilts.

Unknown said...

I loved watching your appearance on the Quilt Show, you were amazing, informative, relaxed, and did a great job of sharing your design process. I have had your book for awhile and I need to get it out and actually do some of the exercises. Seeing you on the show inspired me. Great job, and quite a honor, I would imagine.!!!

Jo Vandermey said...

Love, loved, loved your segment on the Quilt Show! What a wonderful resource for Art quilters.
You said on your segment that your are not "artist trained" and can't draw! One you give me hope and two you inspire me! Your talents, enthusiasm and generous time given to SAQA shine through in all you do!
I am going to Houston for my first Market and Festival. Hope to stumble upon you if you are to be at the show. My daughter and I have a quilt in the Canadian nine patch 150 exhibit that will be in Houston next week. I am a Canadian member of SAQA from central Canada. A small fish as I like to call it in a big pool. I have a book list to get while I am there. So far all are SAQA members. At our Niagara pod meeting last week we all talked about or shared how much we love the SAQA seminars. Each meeting we bring anyone who may be interested in SAQA that we know for a trial visit. The enthusiasm of us sharing the brilliant resources SAQA offers to all from beginner to advanced get many to consider membership. Congrats to all board members and reps who work so hard to create such a meaningful group.
And if you are in Houston you may just get a Canadian fan coming up to you! My husband laughs when I say I am going to meet my version of rock stars next week. Quilting Rock stars.
Jo from Niagara Region, SAQA central Canada ...living the dream.
P. S. There are several S AQA members who are in the special exhibit for Canada 150 Nine Patch. And I get to do the talk for it on the Thursday at Festival for the exhibit. I'm not sure it is a dream com e true or a nightmare!