Monday, June 02, 2014

Many Days Later... an Update

Well, I'm still in the midst of the "five projects." The last deadline is this coming Friday. A lot has happened since I last blogged nearly three weeks ago. Most of it was not great.

I left you with this.

I wanted to add a vine along the bottom, so I sketched a pattern.

I cut a stencil from freezer paper.

I used Adirondack Spray dye over the stencil.

I really love this effect.

I decided to use the reverse of the stencil to paint in the green area.

I've been laying the quilt out on the floor in the foyer because none of the work surfaces in my studio are big enough and it's a hassle to pin it up on the design wall to get a good luck at the entire composition.

So, here's the finished vine. Not great really, but I pressed on.

More tomorrow. Don't get attached to anything you've seen in this post.


Susan Fletcher King said...

Love your documenting on this project. That takes time and is tedious and I admire you for doing it and also explaining your thought process(es).

Quilting Nan said...

Ditto to Susan Fletcher King's comment, can't wait to see what's next.