Thursday, October 13, 2011

Family

A couple of weeks ago, the kids and I went to Minnesota for a family wedding. It was so wonderful to spend time with my parents, my aunts and uncles, cousins and their kids and lots of other folks. Here is Claire teaching my Aunt Pat a game on the iTouch.
And here is my Uncle Dick teaching Benjamin the same card tricks he taught me when I was a kid.
Benjamin and his second cousin Jake... they had a great time together.
We took a lovely walk in a city park area that included this maze/labyrinth. The kids loved running around.
Benjamin got a kick out of decorating the brides' car!

I didn't take any photos at the wedding or the reception. I guess I was just enjoying the festivities.

I especially enjoyed spending time with my cousins Sara and Kari. When I was little, they seemed so much older than me. Now that we are all mothers and sharing the decade that is the "forties," we have lots in common and many experiences, ideas, struggles and celebrations to share.


Here we are when they came to visit us this past spring -- plus my mom and Kari's partner Mary! Happy smiles.

No comments: