Saturday, April 03, 2010

Hope

Easter and Spring really do bring "hope" for new beginnings. I'm trying to embrace that feeling today.
We went to the Nasher Sculpture Center on Saturday. It was Target First Saturday -- free admission and lots of family activities! (As if I needed another reason to love Target.) The photo above (where you can see the word "hope") is a glimpse from one of eight pieces in the special exhibit by Jaume Plensa. I loved this exhibit. Really really loved it.

Of course, I loved the rest of the museum too. It was a beautiful spring day.

Three profiles... me, Benjamin and Picasso.

Another of the Plensa pieces. This one is called Spilling Over.

Several of Plensa's works are somewhat interactive. You can walk right into this giant figure. (See the museum photo of this piece here.)
Do I even need to say how entranced I am by his use of letters?!

Then we went home and dyed eggs! This activity never gets old. Big fun.

No comments: