Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dallas Quilt Celebration!

Yesterday I spent most of the day helping set up two special exhibits for the Dallas Quilt Celebration this weekend. It was so fun and these exhibits are going to be most excellent!

Here are a few of the Twisted Stitchers.
We each created 12x12 inch quilts and invited our art quilt friends to do the same. Our exhibit is called "Twelve Square Inches." It's a bit of a play on the concept of two degrees of separation... all our artist friends are separated by two degrees since we all know at least on Twisted Stitcher. We hung 65 quilts and they look amazing!

The Dallas Area Fiber Artists are also having a show of members' works.
DAFA is an amazingly talented and dynamic group! We hung quilts, garments, weavings and felted sculptures.

If you are in the area, don't miss the Dallas Quilt Celebration. In addition to these two special exhibits, the judged quilt show is always excellent and I am sure there will be vendors who have items that I simply can not live without.

I'll be there most of the day on Friday and in the late afternoon on Sunday. I'm hoping to see you!

5 comments:

Kristin L said...

The group looks busy, but it looks like it will be a fun, colorful, exhibit. Sorry I won't be able to come.

Bee said...

I will look forward to seeing these exhibits at the show!

kathy york said...

Thanks for all your hard work! Wish I was there to see it!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

ooh! wish I was there, do we know the winners yet?

Jules Rushing said...

We had a great time and thanks for taking such great pictures!