Saturday, November 28, 2009

Another Outing

We made this holiday weekend a regular Dallas "staycation!" On Friday, we avoided the malls and ventured to the Dallas Arboretum. They have an exhibit of playhouses designed by various architecture firms inspired by children's books. My camera battery died shortly after we arrived, so I didn't get too many pix.

We love the Lorax... so this was a favorite.
There was even a "whisper-ma-phone."
I noticed lots of pink, but I'm still lacking motivation to start my next 12x12.
This crepe myrtle alley is a stunner in every season.
Lovely sun and...
...moon stone sculptures.
A good day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am so glad you blogged about this because I completely forgot it was going on still. We were going to take the kids over spring break when it first opened and then never made our way over. I think tomorrow will be a good day to run over for a tour!