Monday, October 05, 2009

New Project

I'm doing a round robin book exchange with a group of local artists. We each created some kind of "cover" for our books and picked a theme. Mine is a three ring binder that I covered with words and images from magazines.
I used my ghetto laminating technique to cover it. (Shipping tape.) The theme for my book will be to pick one of the phrases or images from the cover and make a page inspired by the phrase.
I made a page with "directions." It's the one above with the orange ribbon tab. Then I made the first page...
It was inspired by the tree silhouette on the cover. I used some of the same painting techniques that I explored recently.

For the opposite side of my page, I taped a paint chip and stamped words associated with trees.
I think it's good to have one side of a page be more complex than the other.

Now, I don't think I'm supposed to be posting this next page, but...

This is the page I made for Michelle's book. Her theme is Birds.
Same techniques and colors as above, obviously. Again, the same for the back side.

I'm really pleased with how they turned out and I had a great time making them! Plus, I'm way ahead of the deadline for the next swap round.

2 comments:

Tonya Littmann said...

What a fun challenge. I saw some leaf shaped paint swatches at Home Depot yesterday. You must get some.

kathy said...

such stimulation! Love it that you don't limit yourself to one medium and that you actually have an end product to show for it. Enviable. Me, I can't get out of my own way these days!But as usual, you've inspired me to TRY!