Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Catching Up

It's Wednesday. I am supposed to feel like the week is half over? Or is is just beginning? I can't tell. Here are three more Lent pieces. I also finished my 12x12 piece and completed two pieces for collage mania, so I think I'm having a bit of creative overload. Tomorrow: one simple Lent piece and yoga.

Any One of You
10 x 8" (#29)

All Along
16 x 8 (#30)

I just love this piece. I am so pleased with its spareness. It's just three fabrics, four if you count that brown piece I added to the binding at the bottom. And I love the free motion quilting. I loved doing it and I love the results. It's my Klimt-inspired coffee-bean motif. I haven't timed myself on all the pieces, but just for reference... this one took about an hour and a half.

Here's a detail.

And since they can't all be as successful, I followed up with this today.

No Room For My Word
11.5 x 8.5 (#31)

I won't go into all the reasons why I don't like this piece because that is totally not what this project is about, but ... blah.

4 comments:

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Although different,"no room for my word" is still intriguing.

I am really enjoying how you are quilting all these pieces as much as the piece itself.

Lucy said...

this one is evocative of fire. i like it too. the faint light in the red is cool.
lucy

Lauri said...

I love all three. "No Room for my Word" seems to be coming from a very different place than the others, but I love it.

OH! I really wanted to say thanks for the link over to Robin's blog! A whole other group of artists I have never known about, and a bunch of new blogs to read.

Unknown said...

Wow! that's funny, I really like the red piece. Not only is it red... a color I happen to love, but it seems very inspirational to me... sort of like a bunch of people praying and lifting their hands to a big light in the sky. Don't know why i get this from your piece, maybe it's because I'm already in the spiritual place of mind with this series. It also looks like a last supper-piece. I'm sure if you look at it long enough something will happen. Anyway, I'm liking this piece for it's "drama." Cheers!

OMG! My word for verification is pritur... get it? prettier! right now I'm hearing twilight music!