Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Art and Birthdays

Here is today's "sketch."
Like Scarlet
10 x 5 (#12)

This is a fun little piece. I'm pleased with it. I like all the parts and the composition. If I were spending more time, I would carefully choose several other elements to add to the collage. I knew I wanted to incorporate that piece of lace. It took me forever to find just the right place.

We're celebrating lots of birthdays at our house this month. I'm going to post pictures of Benjamin's celebrations later today. Really, haven't you seen enough art for a bit?

2 comments:

Kristin L said...

Nicely patriotic too, without knocking you over the head with it. And yes, it's about time we saw some kid festivities. ;-)

Jane said...

That lace is AWESOME on your piece.
I am totally loving your daily art series!