Monday, March 17, 2008

Dallas Quilt Show

I had an excellent time at the Dallas Quilt Show on Friday. There were lots of Texas-themed quilts (not a surprise).

Here is my very favorite. It's called "Baskets Full of Texas" by Ann Cardon. I believe she designed it herself.
Each basket has a different Texas wildflower. Several of them have button embellishments and other three dimensional elements like this Bluebonnet.


A big Texas flag...
by Judy VanWinkle.

This is not necessarily a Texas quilt, but it compliments these other selections. The faint flag in the sky is very patriotic.
This quilt is by Sharon Schlotzhauer.


A quilt full of Texas stuff.
This one is by Margaret Reed. I really must buy some cowboy boots.
Alexandra Henry designed this quilt of various state birds and our national bird in the center.
The Texas state bird is the mockingbird. I don't know much about birds, but if I did, I would point it out to you.

Another big Texas flag. This one is by Jan Morrison.
Would you be surprised if I told you that my kids say a pledge to the Texas flag at school every morning? Right after the pledge of allegiance? They do.
More pictures tomorrow -- art quilts, quilts by my friends and smiling faces!

2 comments:

momma helen said...

Really? You don't have cowboy boot? I'm surprised! They'd work perfectly with your style.

I'm thinking purple alligator skin...

;)

Laura said...

Thanks for the tour of the Dallas show!